Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Time!

Holiday time is here! The Christmas event is out and, well, I still haven’t done it yet. I might do it on the actual day of Christmas as something to keep with the spirit of it. I initially held out because I saw one of the rewards that can be claimed is 20k Woodcutting xp if you have over level 80 Woodcutting. I had 79, so it wasn’t long and 2 days ago I got my 80 Woodcutting. I’m starting not to mind that skill as much as I used to.

I’ve been taking a break from my chores, yes even staves. I felt like it was getting to me a little. It’s ok though, its good to get a break every now and then. Since the skill of the month for clan has been Firemaking, I’ve been doing a lot of that. Since December 1st, I’ve gone from 74-84 and more than doubled the xp I already had in the skill. I really don’t like the skill, it seems boring, however its much easier with friends. Well, as long as there’s enough lanes. I’ve got all those maples in my bank from kingdom, so I might as well use them for something. After I got to 83, I knew the levels would be further away so I decided to get the Fire Gloves and Ring of Fire for the 5% boost in xp. It’s not an overwhelming amount, but it adds up after time. The minigame wasn’t that hard, more just annoying with all the prep work. Once you talk to all the people, give them what they need and load the logs, the actual lighting aspect isn’t difficult at all. I did it a second time with a friend, to show her the routes to the 10 beacons and how to get there quickly. If you bank properly and use a Terrorbird, I was able to fill all the beacons in just a few minutes. After lighting all the ones that I could, it was nice to see that it made me roughly 25k experience. I used maples for the second trip, and with the time put into it, the experience seems similar to just normal lighting. However, I can see it being a money saver if you just use normal logs or willows. If anything, it’s a way to change it up a little bit if you feel regular firemaking is boring you.

I’m hoping that by the end of the month, getting an Inferno Adze will at least be in reach. Then I can sell my Dragon Axe and put that cash towards something else of good use. I know it’s only saving one spot, but you never know when you’ll need the bankspace ;) Plus I love the fact that you get Fm xp while Woodcutting. I like training multiple skills at once.

If I seem sporadic with my goals, its because I am. You can probably read each post on here and I’m always talking about something different. I’ve been neglecting Hunting for Firemaking. I’m kind of streaky as a player. However, I think you need to be a bit like that to get the most out of the game. Sitting doing one thing for 5 hours/day every single day can get to you. I get distracted by clan events, trips with friends, helping someone with a quest, etc. After all that I have sit and go, “ok, what was I doing again?” It’s kind of comical. I also lose my keys a lot, so its not just something that occurs in-game.

I’ve been dying to break into the top 50,000 overall on the Hiscores list. I’ve gotten a lot of levels since I cracked the top 60k and my total is up to 1825, but I’m still just hovering on the outside of it. Everyone must be thinking the same thing and trying to level just as hard as I am J

Happy and safe holidays to everyone!

No comments: