Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 Comes A'blazin in

Happy New Year everyone! The new year started out in an interesting way. We had a clan party for 3 members who got their Quest Capes a couple weeks prior and one Cooking Skillcape. We had a fun time in the deuling ring and then set out to GWD for a Bandos run. This was my first time, but felt confident being that we had about 7 people. Our tank got Ring of Life tele’d and the general decided to turn his attention onto me. We soon found out why when all the other worlds were full, this one was empty – lag. Despite getting my HP down to the low teens several times, I managed to survive, clicking furiously of course. I got a Rune Platebody as a reward. We did another 2 kills until we had a death and everyone else was lagging hard so we decided to call it quits. The person who died didn’t want to go back in and reclaim his stuff, being that he lost nothing really valuable. A valiant attempt by everyone though. I wouldn’t mind going back, now that I know what I’m getting into.

I’ve continued on with Firemaking, getting my level to 90 yesterday. I took some breaks to do a few stars, make staves, etc. Mainly I just want it to 92, get the adze, then not deal with it for a while. I was at my wit’s end yesterday burning maples. To speed things up I sold my Dragon Woodcutting Axe and used the money from that to buy some Magic Logs. I justified this by the Adze being free, but the equivalent of the D Axe. That makes somewhat sense, right? Anyway, I just have to burn about 1,200 of them to get to 91. Sounds much better than 2,800 Maples.

A friend was working on spinning Flax to get a Crafting level she was close to. It’s decent money and I only need to do about 1k for a level myself so I thought I’d join. Made about 100,000gp relatively quick and got myself to 80 Crafting. Glories here I come! I’ve had a few Dragonstones sitting in my bank waiting for just that.

I went penguin hunting yesterday as well. Riod’s chat got flooded with spammers and somehow I got kicked & banned in the mess. I had about 6 done, but knew the ones I was missing were on Lunar, Dragontooth, Nietz and one in the wildy. I don’t really understand the people who beg for updates on penguins on places like Dragontooth Island. The place is so tiny you can almost see the entire island in one screen. Anyways, used those and I got 64 construction. Finally a telescope with a window for stars that is less than a half hour. I also built myself a Teak Armor Case which I can’t wait to use to free up some bankspace.

I have less than 100k xp to a level in about 12 skills, so hopefully I’ll be able to add to the total fairly easily. I won’t be able to play much this week, so all those levels might have to wait a bit. I leave for Cancun early Thursday morning and get back Sunday night. I can’t wait to lay in the warm sun, even if it does mean I have to miss the Eagles/Giants game. Hopefully the pilot will give us updates.


No comments: