Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ramblings

I really have no tolerance for cheating. It bothers me also that I don’t know what to do when friends do it. Lately a lot of people I know have been doing a lot of account sharing. The one who hates quests that’s friends with the one who doesn’t like cb, they switch, one quests while the other plays Pest Control. It’s been so much that when I sign on, I never know who’s who anymore. They think it’s amusing, I just think its still cheating.

As much as I hate quests (and I really really hated questing), I did them all. I did them all to unlock all the places I could. I sat there and died time after time after time. I had offers of “why don’t you just let me do this for you” after hours and hours of struggling, but I can’t do that. Not only do I not want you on my account (even though I trust you), its that *I* want to know how to do it. Some quests teach you stuff you need to know later. Path of Glouphrie was easy because I already had experience using that stupid exchanging machine.

I’m Aries, so I got stubbornness in me. When you have me over to your house to celebrate you getting your cape, don’t make a statement like “I can’t believe I did all the quests!” because I will call you out on it by saying “Don’t you mean *most* of the quests?” And that makes me look like a jerk. Maybe it is bitterness because I tried over and over and over things and you signed on going “wow they did a lot of quests for me” but its still against the rules. I’m not talking about anyone in particular, just a trend I see occurring. It seems that if friends so it, then others see it and view it as ok. How do you step in and say, cut it out, or at least maybe stop proclaiming it out loud to everyone, and not be viewed as the one that’s being the jerk in that situation?

Ok vent over. I’ve had lots of fish from my kingdom stacking up over a while now. I decided that since I was at 96 Cooking for like 6 months, that I’ll just pull the trigger, do it 2 hours a night and get it over with. I’ve gotten it up to 98 but I still am not excited about it. I don’t view it as much, I’ve really only cooked when I needed food. I hated training it so its not like its something I’ve toiled over for hours and hours and hours at a time. One of those things that just kinda happens. I’m not thrilled by the cape, I don’t really like the color and am not that into the emote. I think I’m prouder of my Mining being 77. That’s a skill I’ve worked my adze off for. No disrespect to anyone that likes to cook, its just not my thing. Not every skill is for everyone. Maybe the fact that I’m a terrible quester/cb’er contributed to this. I’ve needed a *lot* of food in my RS life. I’ve eaten enough sharks to put them on the endangered species list myself alone. The best part though, is that and the questcape knocks out two of my goals for the year and its early March. I’m off to a good start.

Kinda bummed in clan reaction to the Jagex Cup. I think it’s be something to be stoked for, but when I started doing the numbers, its going to be hard. We definitely can’t do PvP, some of those clans not only have 100+ members, but they’re all good at it. Might be interesting to watch though. SC I’d be willing to do, although never done it with cb involved. I don’t think we can pull 20 people together. It actually has me wondering if we can pull 10 people together to skill who are actually into it. Some just don’t like competition. Which is had, because I’m kind of a competitive person. I just view it as good motivation. I don’t actually care who wins, winning’s nice but losing isn’t the end of the world, it’s the competition itself that I enjoy. So I don’t know, we’ll see what happens. I’m stoked on it, I think it’s a great idea. It’s also a lot of work for Jagex to take on when they don’t have to. It’s like volunteering to have a giant headache, and doing it with a smile.

That said, is there a way to watch Clan Wars? I’ve never been there. Even though I wouldn’t be competing, I think a giant PvP tournament would be fun to watch. Is there a way to peek through the portal and see the action? If not, there definitely should be for this.

1 comment:

Jax said...

Yes there's a way to watch clan wars. Not sure how so maybe we should test it this weekend.

And I completely agree with you on the cheaters. If you want to cheat whatever, that's your deal. But to announce it. Trust me. Most of the people who hear you are quietly thinking you're an idiot.