Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In the year 2000...

Well, I got my 2000 levels late last week. The frantic push for levels gave me a little bit of time for me to distress after the big fireworks went off. It gave me some time to get around to some things I wanted to do.

Photobucket

Forever my house has been bothering. It was an incredibly poor layout which made the rooms I’d like to access quickly far away from the portal. It was disjointed and didn’t really make a lot of sense. About a month or so ago I used a few Stealing Creation hammers to pound out a few levels (bad pun, I know), however I still had a lot of lower level furniture I hadn’t upgraded. To get the levels it was build, destroy, rebuild of oak tables.

I really think Construction had been poorly designed in the beginning. You start with the lower level rooms and don’t really have options but to make a few of them. Thus, expanding your higher level rooms further out. When you’re a lower level, the price you paid for those rooms adds up. Its tough to have to tear them down. Also, I wish there were a way to remove a piece of furniture you had acquired in the past. I had a lot of gilded things thanks to treasure trails. It got to a point where buying gold leaves really put some damage in my funds.

It took me about a week to pull it together. I’d say about 5 days of playing with designs until I got something I liked, and was personalized a bit, and about 2 days of execution of actually building it. I wanted the altar, lecterns (one of each for tabs), portals, costume room, quest hall (glory tele) and workshop as close as possible. Expanding outward to the rooms I don’t use as often, the kitchen, dining room, skill hall. Finally in the outer regions the parlor (gotta keep books somewhere), throne room, with the games room and two combat rooms (combat ring and ranging pedestals) near each other for fun at gatherings. Also there’s a dungeon, hall, treasure room for good fun as well. The two bedrooms are on the second floor, with mine being slightly nicer than the butler’s. He’s got to get a good night’s rest as well, but should still know that I’m paying him.

I have some things in there lower level than I could, but for personal preference. I like the tentacle pool better than the flames. I’d rather have a poster of Morytania than Isifidar. I need to get some CWars armor and the head of something to complete it. I still have a lot to upgrade to, I am only 78 Con.

Moving the costume room was a killer, it took some seriously bankspace juggle to clear that place out. However with that back up and upgraded, the menagerie holding on to my raven, hellcat and broav, I’m actually down to 450 occupied bankspaces. I don’t think I’ve been south of 460 since they increased the size a couple years ago.

Its weird, I actually feel prouder of the house more than a lot of skills I have some higher levels in. I think its because its customized to what *you* like. It took a lot of money, it put me nearly out of range of even making a battlestave run for the day, but it was worth it and I made a lot of it back since.

Here’s the layout code for Runehq if anyone wants to see it: RIKRMLRQLRUORYNRfQSISSMRSQJSUMSYDSfNTIETOGTSFTUHTaPTdQ

Just replace “Formal Garden” with Menagerie, because that isn’t an option as of yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gsmeck, thanks so much for this blog. I read it everyday.

Also, congratulations on the 2000 total. I remember mine quite well.

Have a great day.

Lnbo

G said...

Lnbo, thanks so much for reading and the kind words! Things like that keep me going :)

Meili said...

Gosh, yes I love my POH to death! I have spent a lot on it and I consider it all gp well spent.

Players dislike this skill (try mentioning Con in IRC lol) because it is so expensive but if you can afford it at all, construction is quite fun.