Saturday, April 24, 2010

Geoneering

I hate calling the new skill "Dung." Does "Geoneering" work?

I've been busy, life has been crazy. I tried out the new skill a bunch of times now and its alright. I'm kind of done with it for the time being. I think its a great distraction though. My issues with it are more personal than with the skill itself.

I hate to say it, but voice chat ruins the game for me. It's a great thing when you can be a part of it, however, you can't always be a part of it. Most of my friends use skype. My computer limits me to either playing RS or using skype. That said, I usually play the game. Dungeoneering is like godwars in my opinion, communication is the key to it. When you're the only one who isn't in on the communication aspect of it, it gets incredibly frustrating. Seeing friends stand in seemingly science, then get upset at you for not doing what you should be doing, when not a word is even said, isn't a fun way to play the game.

It also doesn't help that most of my friends have a much higher dungeoneering level than I do. When I go with them in a group, not only do I not know what they're talking about, how they're organizing, etc; I don't know what's going on and its mostly assumed that I do.

Assumptions kill me. It's so frustrating. Please don't assume I know what I'm doing, because I usually don't. The room you're talking to everyone on voice chat, tell me to join into, then get upset at me because I don't know what's going on when I've repeatedly mentioned I've never seen that room before while everyone talks about it on voice chat and plans it, but in-game seemingly everyone is dead silent, isn't fun.

This brings me to another aspect; multiplayer requirements are not that fun for me. I love skilling and playing with other people, however, being dependent on others isn't really my thing. Not that I don't love my in game friends, its just that I'm kind of independent. I like to do my own thing. I'll do my own thing with friends, but I just don't like having to depend on anyone.

That said, I'm taking a break from that skill for a while. If people I know who aren't on voice chat are doing it, I'll gladly join (Jax, I'm looking in your direction), but otherwise, I hate feeling like the odd man out.

Our Survivor competition will more thank likely get me to 99 Firemaking this coming week. I'm pretty excited about that. I love the orange cape as well as the emote!

Jagex announced Runefest. Seems like an adult get together in London for RS fans. I really want to go. Actually that's an understatement. The opportunity to hang out with RS fans IRL, have a pint and hang out with developers sounds ideal. Sadly, it comes at pretty much the worst weekend it can. I have a wedding the weekend before, and another the weekend after on the other side of the USA, on top of having settlement on my house in 4 weeks, funds are tight. Plus I think I might be going to Ireland in June. I'm kind of stretching it thin.

I strongly suggest anyone in England go though, and let me know how it is. England's a small country, its like Pennsylvania :) It would be worth the drive. I've only ever met one RS player in real life and it was a great time and she was pretty amazing. I'd love to meet more and just have a drink and relax with the ones I usually talk to.

Anyways, back to skilling and not getting rocks (18th herb run and still not a single rock).

Go Phillies!

2 comments:

Avicile Mohaili said...

I call it Dunj :P

And if I didn't live in the western United States I'd sooo totally go!

Vaskor said...

Dungeoneering is fun to solo too. You don't have to go in a group.