Friday, March 25, 2011

On my way to the Prom

No, not the dance.

I've been doing a ton of Mining this week. I got 88, 89 and am about to get to lvl 90. Prom ore and size 9 stars, here I come! I need to work on my smithing though, that's only at 84. Prom ore isn't very useful if I can't do anything with it.

The combination of the penance horn and SC picks have been pretty amazing. I'm getting over 100k xp/hr mining gold at LRC. The horn's about to be empty though. I think when I do some BA runs and when it's refilled I might run some laps and get my agility up a bit.

My over ambitious goal last year was to get every level to 90. It was a motivator more than anything. I did get a lot of my lower skills up. I feel like with some additions to the game, that's actually possible and not that far away. I still don't feel any reason to level up Construction. I wish there was some motivation, but I can't think of anything. My house is exactly the way I want it, I have the higher level storage items to save bankspace because they're tradeable, I have no interest in a guardian or dungeon pet. Spending a ton of cash on a throne doesn't interest me. I use my house to check on stars, recharge my pray, store my stuff, repair my armor, teleport and that's about it. Can anyone think of anything? I'm not big into hosting house parties.

So Survivor kicked off and I'm happy. Lots of Mining, Thieving. Competition might be the motivation that I've been lacking lately.

I've seen a pretty decent exodus of friends from the game lately. A lot have picked up playing LOTRO, which I have checked out. It is a gorgeous game and is entertaining. Runescape will always be the go-to though. I have too much invested in it to really just switch over. Not just the gameplay, but the people that I don't know outside of the game. Besides, its SURVIVOR! I don't have the time to work on anything else!

Things have been hectic in RL, sick grandpop, super busy at work but some fun involved. About 20 of my friends and I heading down the street to watch the home opener of the Philadelphia Union (soccer) for my birthday. Gonna be cold, but should be a lot of fun.

Go Union!

No comments: