Friday, October 17, 2008

Fluidity Sucks, Sometimes

Ever turn on the radio right and hear the last three notes of your favorite song? Or see the last 4 seconds before the credits of a movie you love on tv? That feeling of “Oh! This is awesome… crap, its over” kills me. It wasn’t until around February of last year that I came across blogs dedicated to the game I had been playing for a few years prior. It actually motivated me to play more. Seeing all these scenarios play out, these social interactions, the discrimination, the bonding, the relationships, etc was fantastic for an avid people-watcher like myself. Runescape – a blog is probably the first I came across that dealt more with the social scenarios of the game rather than just being a tip site or a site offering to “MAKE MILLIONS A DAY!!!” Maybe I’m just in a nostalgic mood, but I still check it from time to time. I see the title, “Fluidity sucks, sometimes” and I know it’s the last post and it’s a bit of a bummer that I didn’t find it until it was almost dead. So whoever wrote that, thank you.

I reach a personal mini-milestone last night getting my Runecrafting up to 60, making me 60+ in all levels. Tears and some pingu helped greatly. 20k xp isn’t a lot in most levels, but that’s a lot of Glory charges! I also finished four quests. Clocktower – how had this one slipped by me? I thought for sure I did it, is there a quest which is similar? Anyways, did that one, Catapult Construction, Hand in the Sand (I know, I know, I should have done ages ago…) and Fremenik Isles. With the exception of Isles, all were really short and should have been crossed off my list ages ago. Isles was long, though not hard. There’s something unsettling about right clicking on something and one of the options being “Decapitate.” I’m just excited to have a new helm and be able to reach the stars and pingu which are on those lands.

I had almost 3M gp so I decided to bite the bullet and do it. I sold my D-Chain and bought a Bandos Chestplate. With that and the helm, my Strength bonus has passed +120 for the first time. That makes me happy :)

The PVP worlds are interesting. I joined one with no items to see what the Fishing Guild would be like. Sure enough, I was killed right at the doorway in about 15 seconds. I’m happy that people can PK if they want, but it’s definitely not for me. I don’t even like fighting other people in the combat rings in their houses. I have no issue with killing monsters, I just don’t like fighting each other.

It doesn’t look like I’ll have much time to play this weekend. Maybe for a few hours on Sunday, but the rest is taken up. Dinners, early Halloween parties, adults trying to still be young and play flag football and have a few beers… Sometimes life gets in the way. And that’s just fine with me.

Also for those who are requesting screen shots and pictures, I'm working on it. I'm not good with technology so the whole screen shot thing has some kinks I need to work out. Just letting you know, your requests aren't going unnoticed.

No comments: