Thursday, October 23, 2008

Millions of Peaches, Peaches for Me

It’s been an interesting few days. I didn’t get much time to play last weekend, too many things going on in real life. However, a quick fever and spending the last 2 days in bed will free up a bit of time. God bless laptops. I had been tired of running out of runes constantly and figure I just need to make a ton of them and get it over with. Since I had some extra time, I decided to do this on the cheap and mine the ess myself. Now some can say its not worth it, much like flax, in that it gives little to no xp, but its just so simple I can’t bring myself to buy it. I mined around 3k ess (I took breaks to do chores, etc) and started RuneCrafting away. A friend or two mentioned they were at the Mage Arena getting Bones to Peaches. I had heard it was pretty boring, so I decided to join while there was company. They had stated it was pretty easy and only really took a day. Must have been a long day for them because it took me significantly longer.

I’d find myself back runecrafting again because that just drains your Laws, Cosmics, Waters and Natures. So I’d be alching, grabbing statues, enchanting, then more runecrafting, then back and forth. I have to say, you need a bit of patience. I took some breaks to do a few quests. Got All Fired Up done and The Feud out of the way. I’ve only got about 25 quests left, which isn’t bad considering I really can’t stand doing them. Although I am starting to enjoy them a little bit more.

I caught an extremely lucky break when a good friend mentioned she needed to do a bunch of alching and mentioned that she’d help me with the Graveyard part of the Arena by hanging out outside and giving me some food when needed. That made it so much faster. Also finding that the Dragonstone in the enchantment area are respawns had me enchanting, depositing and then world hopping. Each one is worth 10 where the normal enchants are only worth 1. I actually enjoyed the Telekinetic Grab statue mazes, however I just wished they had more designs. Doing the same ones over and over again was mind numbing. That said, last night I finished it all and got my Bones to Peaches spell! I guess it could be done in a day, but you just need to have stockpiled a lot of runes, and have a ton of patience. I did get 79 Magic though, and 80 is only 20k away.

I logged in yesterday morning to find a star next to me, that’s always a good sign. First level 7 one I could mine and man, it went fast. Before long about 30 people were there and it was exploding extremely fast. Must have been on the star hunting clan’s radar. Looking for something to do with a friend, she showed me the Dorgesh Khan agility course. Did that for a little while and where I love the xp, I think I’m burned out on Agility for a little bit. I’ll probably go back there soon since I’m not far from a level though.

I did a few rounds of the Great Orb Project as well. It can be a pain when you keep losing, or when you are winning and the other team just logs out. I guess you really need to do it with friends. I bought myself about 25 Nature Altar Teleports with the reward though, that should make it easy to tele to the mining spot near the altar for stars, instead of using Karamja gloves and walking all the way around Shiloh.

Seems like a lot, but it felt like it went pretty slow. I’m glad I’m feeling better and the Fightin’ Phils take game 1 of the World Series! Not only do I want to win it, I want to win it at home. Nothing at the moment could make me happier.

No comments: