Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Superglass - afragelisticexpealedocious

PvP is back! And I am… pretty indifferent. I never PK’d, not my thing. I am glad that the ones that want to now have the option. Maybe this will clear out the forums of all the “BRING BACK PK AND WILDY NOW PLOX” threads, but I seem to doubt it. People will always find flaws in the new updates. In all fairness, I just want the Glory glitch fixed so I don’t constantly have a spear sticking out of my chest.

I’m sorry for not posting in a bit, work has had me spending more time in my car than at the computer. Although, I really have no excuse, if Vaskor can blog from Siberia, than I should be able to do it from a hotel in the middle of nowhere MD.

Do you ever feel like you don’t have enough time in the game? This has been happening to me recently. Even when I’ve had a longer amount of time to play per day, my to-do list just seems to keep growing. I’ve been saving money, I think I want to swap my Dragon Chainbody for a Bandos Platebody. I know that’s money that can be used for leveling, as I normally would, I think it will be a good investment. When you get to higher levels, the stat boosts really seem to come into play. An extra +3 or +4 here and there can justify an extra million gp. If it allows you to consistently hit just 1hp higher than normal, and you’re trying to level somewhere in the 90s in Attack, Strength, Defense or Range, it adds up. With pots and prayer, along with the armor bonuses, you hit 3hp higher, think of the hours you can save in leveling! In that time, you can easily make enough cash to justify the price difference. At least, that’s how I justified it to myself. Maybe my recent Slayer kick has corrupted me.

Back to what I was saying, I’ve felt rushed recently in the game. I’m doing it to myself, and I realize that, its just this weird justification thing going on in my head. Why would I pay for 1k Nature Runes when I can just make them myself? But I know why, its to have that time I’m putting into mining ess and crafting the runes back. I just feel the need to save the money and do it on my own. Maybe the recent state of the economy has carried over into my game playing. I’ve been trying to get a lot of Crafting experience this month which has led me to making a lot of orbs (thank god for Superglass Make!). Since they’re made, I might as well as enchant them, right? This might be another reason why I’m playing like this. If the process if half done, might as well complete it. I love deconstruction, taking seemingly basic things, breaking them down to their simple ingredients then building them back up in an entirely new way, but still having its base core is a fascinating process to me. It might be that it’s the processes that I enjoy, not their products. I subconsciously do the painful tasks of mining ess and making molten glass because that’s what I actually enjoy and the end product is the justification to my madness. I take some sort of demented sense of pride in knowing the things I use daily are things I’ve created. Some things I will easily pay for if they are not readily available. Take drops for instance. I’m not going to only use armor I’ve received as drops. I’d still be wearing a Rune Chainbody if that were the case. I don’t even want to guess the number of Dusties I’d have to kill for the D-Chain I wear now. But something as simple as collecting “x”, modifying it, then making it into the product seems so easy, that why shouldn’t I be doing it? I’ve sacrificed peace of mind for a procedural addiction. Just say No, kids.

I have tickets to game 6, but if the Phillies win the NLCS tonight in game 5, that’s just fine by me. Baseball also is taking a toll on my game playing. Half paying attention to the game, half on baseball leads me to doing more menial tasks that require less attention. I’m sure that will change after the Phillies win the World Series :)

No comments: