Thursday, February 26, 2009

Catching Up

This was a pretty decent weekend as far as playing goes. Not much progress as far as levels are concerned, though. Figured I’d use some of those Gold Charms that are just sitting in my bank taunting me and got up to 69 Summoning. There’s only a handful of things that really interest me about Summoning. I want the Hydra for the instant tree regrowth. I like the Beasts of Burden, the energy boost from Terrorbirds, the healing from Bunyips (also, I think I was the only one really excited about this because the Bunyip myths from down under have always been really interesting to me), but not that much more. I’m sure I’m under-utilizing this and maybe I’ll get more into it, but whenever I level and get something new, I’m not that excited about it. I do like that charms aren’t tradeable though. I need motivation to train cb every now and then.

Sunday morning clan trip was to Zamorak GWD. I’m getting more and more comfortable down at God Wars boss rooms. Zammy is probably the one that bothers me the least. We had 6, think we got about 25 or so kills. There’s really no danger unless you’re tanking or the boss switches and all of a sudden, you’re tanking unexpectedly. I tanked a few times (not all on purpose) and as long as you got brews and anti-poison, you’re fine. We split a Zamorakian Spear drop which was pretty cool. Roughly 190k each. With the other drops (coins, Wine of Zamorak noted, etc) I probably cleared100-200k after the cost of the trip. I’m used to losing money on these, which is fine because its fun, so it was kind of cool to get an expensive drop. With maybe 3 more, I can picture being able to stay down there for a long time. I’d love to see that coinshare pop up stating you just split a hilt.

Jax & TCA were nice enough to extend an invitation to a skiller’s only Stealing Creation game. I had always wanted to play this game, but my natural avoidance to most things PvP has kept me away. It was a pretty fun game, I liked that it seems to incorporate almost all skills. It took a few runs, but eventually I started to get the hang of it. Not sure how I’d like it with cb though. My main goals were pretty simple. 1) Check it out. 2) New music. 3) Get a pick for quick xp when hunting stars. I was kind of bummed when I did a star later on in the night that even though I had my SC pick equipped, I used the Inferno Adze because it was in my inventory from WC. Note to self, bank Adze before stars.

Duradel seems to love giving me Black Dragons and Suqahs. Suqahs are really annoying being that they don’t really drop anything. I came back from my last task of about 60 of them with one uncut emerald. Sure, I left about 5 Guams on the ground, but they didn’t even give one charm. I also used my last Astral Teletab so it looks like I’ll be heading back to the Great Orb Project soon. I should also restock Nature Teletabs as well. Both are incredibly useful when star hunting.

I’ve also been doing a lot of herb runs recently. 4 Snapdragon seeds are about 150k and I usually harvest around 30 Snaps selling them for about 250k. Not a bad profit for 5 mins of work and an hour of waiting by training something else. It’s actually helped break up my playing in a bit of a refreshing way. I usually check on a star, do a herb run, train a skill for an hour, herb run, do another skill for an hour, with hitting the stars in between. I also did a good amount of bank cleaning, freed up about 20 spaces as well as made some cash. I’ve tucked away a pretty good amount of gp, not sure what to spend it on though. Yeah it’d be nice to splurge on some Bandos Tassets, but I think I can get some good levels out of it. I’m just figuring out the cost effective way of doing it. Then after that, if I start focusing more on cb again, I’ll buy something nice.

For the past month, I’ve been at a client and they pump in easy listening. If I hear Mariah Carey, Coldplay or the Dawson’s Creek song again, I’m going to lose it. Then I’ll be put away some place like the Angry Room from A Soul’s Bane.

No comments: