Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What to do with 20 mins to play...

Haven’t been on much. Laptop should be coming back this week. I’m crossing my fingers it is because I leave for a two week work trip on Sunday and the thought of not having the internet as a fun distraction will lead to mind numbing boredom and 6 hours of ESPN a night.

I’ve been playing 5-20 minutes here and there when I can sneak on. Usually do a stave run and if I have extra time I do a Farming run, check on a star, check on a tree. I managed to get 80 Farming, 79 Mining (trying to push it to 80 for the Stealing Creation games plus level 8 stars). I haven’t cashed in my last 3 weeks of penguin points, I think I’ll have enough to get me to 70 Runecrafting. I’m debating that or Construction, which still sits at my lowest at 66. I’ve only used tears to train it over the past year or so. I just hate how expensive it is. I still have my 400k xp from the Grandmaster quest, with no new skill likely this year, I’m flirting with the possibility of using them. We’ll see.

I can’t wait until I can get a solid chunk of time to grab a few levels that I’ve been close to for a while now. Especially since it has rained all last week and looks to continue all this week. I’d also like to get in about a day of Stealing Creation quick games because I need to stock up on those tools. I go through them so fast, just by doing one or two stars or trees a day.

Wanting to play and not being able to is a bit annoying. Its weird, if I know I’m going to get 20 mins of playing time, I usually spend time before that planning every move so that its not wasted by standing in a bank. Its like login, tree since you’re close to the GE anyway, house teleport, check on star, herb run. If any distraction is somewhat close, then the go to plan is assembling staves and alching, if they’re both over and hour away, note the time and world in case you get to go back on, and work on something that I decided earlier would be my fall back skill, which changes each login. I’ve made quite a bit of money because I’m not really on enough to spend it, I’ll probably just put it towards a skill sometime when I get my computer back.

My outfit has remained pretty constant as well. Seer’s headband, Falador shield, Magic Secauters, Varrock Armor 3, boots of lightness, Amulet of Glory. This pretty much covers everything from stars to trees to herb runs. Inventory has pretty much remained constant as well, Lava Stave, Air runes, Law runes, kindling, tinderbox, one of each pickaxe and hatchet from SC, plus two backup proto tools yet to be transformed. I alter it a little for herb runs, to make room of course. I think I’m pretty well set for whatever they throw my way.

Also I cleared my ignore list. I only had a handful of names and I didn’t recognize any of them anyway. I hate searching for penguins when they’re first released, it frustrates the hell out of me. This way I can play all week and I keep the location of any of those spies I come across in normal travels on my ignore list. This way right before they reset, I only have to find 6 instead of spotting the same one twice several times. If I came across one late Wednesday night, no way am I remembering which one it was on Tuesday early evening. Helps save a little bit of time.
I’m rambling and probably shouldn’t even post this. You should see the amount of un-posted entries I write. Ah well, I’m bored.

No comments: