Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas came a little late!

What a crazy night. Some pretty cool things have happened as of the last post. First, I sold my Fury. 9M was just too tempting and I have a feeling the price will go back down soon. I could be wrong, but 9M for an ammy seems a bit excessive. It took me a long time to come to that conclusion, but I just went with it. That cash can be better used leveling other skills.

After a decent trip to Kurasks, I got a leaf bladed sword drop and 85 Slayer! I was pretty excited about the level as I can now kill Abby Demons. I took a quick trip there just to see what they’re like before continuing on with Slayer. I killed my 185 Gargoyles and got my first Ferocious Ring along with a Granite Maul (311k! wow they went up!). After that, I was assigned around 150 Waterfiends. I was about 8k to a Strength level so I decided to go back to Abby Demons before prepping for Waterfiends.

There I leveled up to 95 Strength and got my first ever Whip drop! I was pretty excited. The whip was the first big purchase I ever made in the game. I bought it when all I did was sit on the dock fishing away the days. I had sold enough sharks to the pkers at Edge to save my first million gp. After a little more saving, I bought it from one of my first friends in the game. It cost 1.6M then and I’ve had it since. I was only even 65 Attack then and couldn’t even use it! I worked so hard for it though it was kind of cool getting it as a drop. Also, before I sold it for 3.6M (gone up a bit over the years), I put it in the bank just so I could see that inventory have that little yellow “2” next to it.

The drop aside, I think Abby Demons are kind of fun. They’re really not very dangerous as their required slayer level would have you think. Waterfiends are much harder in my opinion. With a Bunyip you can just stay there, max damage is 8 I believe. They just teleport you a little bit away, but it just makes it look like you’re dancing with them.

After that I helped a friend on a clue and got a little bored. Everyone was busy and I didn’t feel like spending hours on a long trip so I figured I’d go solo godwars. Kril (Zammy) is the one I like but for some reason I didn’t feel like messing with magic defense and anti-poison. I loaded my tortuga up with rocktails and decided to go to Bandos. I had been riding high off the level and the whip drop and gmaul drop. I remember what Merch had written that someone told her about luck and not logging out while on a lucky streak. I started killing goblins and got my kc to 40 and went up to the boss door and… forgot I was in a lootshare world. There were about 4 people in there who looked like they weren’t going anywhere anytime soon. At this point I decided to tweak the luck/logout thing and decide that it doesn’t apply to world hopping. So I went to a few worlds, being sure to type “doesn’t count” in each one before leaving. I was still at my computer, it still counts!

I walk in and hit 3 big hits on him and get him down to half health. Then Graardor started to get offended and hit me harder. He got me pretty low on hp a few times before finishing him off. I actually had on a ring of life this time, and I hate those things. I swear by my ring of wealth, but this time I didn’t bring it. I finished him off and then went to pick up my drop, Bandos Tassets! I didn’t even bother killing the generals, just pick up my loot and tele’d out. I had been wanting tassets for the longest time now! I’ve been going back and forth in my head debating if the str bonus is worth the insane price tag. 24m? Insane! Now I have them for free! No wonder its always a pain finding an open Bandos world.

After that a friend wanted to solo Graardor. I made sure he was prepared and followed him to the spot. Watched him get his kc and made him wait for me to get mine. If he died I was going to run in and bless. I watched at the door, he got his kill and left. I went in and got mine and left. No good drops, but I wasn’t going to complain after the kind of day I had.

I like going to bosses because I think its fun to fight something big. Ridiculous drops aren’t really ever motivation, but wow, they are cool. I didn’t even have to use my A-K, I have to say it was a good day.

2 comments:

RanginBalance said...

Reminds me of my luck streak at avansies, got 20 adamant bar drops in a row (80 adamant bars for only 20 kills).

Range Again said...

Haha, pretty nice luck :] I've gotten luck streaks aswell but they weren't that massive and I had the luck streak with gnome scarfs, got 2 in a row. Free 4 millions :] You should check out my blog, I only started today and am willing to continue it.