Monday, May 31, 2010

Blister

Vaskor's blog recently touched on the size of Gielinor and for how big it is, the amount of teleports makes it seem small.

It got me thinking, I wanted to see how big it was myself. I remember my first day of members (wayyy long ago, 5 years?) I passed through those taverly gates and just ran for what seemed ever. Hill Giants? What the heck are those?? :P

I thought I'd time it to see how long it takes from one end of the map to the other. I figured I'd start at Scarabites and then the destination was up in the air. After a few map consults, I figured the best was to go diagonal and end up at the northwest corner of Piscatoris. That incorporates a little more. Lletya is just a straight shot west and to be honest, I hate walking through that area.

I thought this would be a lot more interesting than it turned out to be. I thought I'd maybe stumble across a star, and evil tree, maybe a penguin, and interesting imp or two, at the very least some interesting conversations. Maybe its an off day, but I came across none of those. I tried talking to people I'd come across, but no responses.

Anyways, how long does it take? Keep in mind, I walked, didn't run. The result:


In other news, got eliminated from Survivor the week before the final week. That's ok. Got some amazing levels out of it. Went from 77-91 Thieving. Didn't get a screen shot of 91, but here's what 90 looks like:


I have to try that bribing thing, looks like you can make some decent cash as well as decent xp.

Now that I don't have to keep pressing with Thieving, I checked out somethings. A friend told me that chins were at a record low, apparently they are. I bought a ton of them being that I really don't like Range, but need to get it higher. Trying to get everything 90+ (except Dungeoneering) by the end of the year isn't far off. I managed 84-86 by chinning monkey bones at ape in a few hours. I've been doing it at Nechs in the Chaos Tunnels now. Less xp, but decent drops to offset the cost as well as a good amount of charm drops.

Finally made settlement on my house last week. It's kept me busy and away from the game a bit, but all that work feels pretty awesome, to be honest.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone who's served and Happy Birthday Clint Eastwood! (Fistful of Dollars/A Few Dollars More/The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, Hang em High marathon on TCM is amazing!)

No comments: