Monday, May 3, 2010

Plundering Pyramids, Batman

TCA’s Survivor competition plows on and I’m still alive. Using the penance horn, it was pretty easy to get a lot of Firemaking experience. I got that to 99 and so that’s over with. The main reason I like this contest is that I use it as an excuse to train the skills I’m not that big of a fan of. I took a look at my lowest skills – Agility, Thieving and Hunter. Agility would keep up the streak of doing Barb Assault and using the horn, but I lost my Ninja Greegree. No idea how. I have every other one but that, and I know I had it a few weeks ago. Its such a pain to get back, ugh. Hunter means competition for spots so blah, Thieving it is.

Spent a few hours at Pyramid Plunder yesterday. I was a little rusty, but then got into a nice rhythm. Got that up to 79, can’t wait for 80 for the Rogue’s Den shortcut and then 81 for the new room at PP. I also took the time to do all the capers to get my Thieving Guild all set up. If you use the chests that give 4 Hanky Points, it goes pretty quick. It’s a nice little bonus, but I can’t see myself staying there any longer than the 5 mins to get the points and cash in. There seems to be a lot of useless rooms in there, hopefully they’ll do something with it in the future.

I’ve been doing 1 or 2 Dungeons a night. I’ve figured out that’s my perfect tolerance level. I use it as a break for whatever it is I’m doing. I PM’d my friend and she said she was up for one. Thank god she was with me, the very first room required 95 Construction and 93 Mining to get out of. She could open both of those, but then we uselessly kicked the 105 Runecrafting door. You’ve got to be kidding me with those requirements for one dungeon. It was only lvl 14. Cut us a little slack at least.

We still got to the boss despite the RC door. It was the first time I got to fight a… (*googles ‘dungeoneering bosses’*) Bulwark Beast. I got another volume of notes. I’m wondering if they’ll add up to something decent. At least have the story entertain me, that’s all I want. Getting a paragraph at a time over the course of hours, I can’t remember what they’ve said to put a cohesive storyline together.

So we finished that one and did another before I crashed to sleep. Up to 40 Dungeoneering now. Having a level required door, which you can’t open, stand in your way is pretty decent motivation to go do that skill.

Also, I’m giving up on the strange rock statue. I’ve now done 31 herb runs without a single rock. Before you say it – yes, I checked the statue and still need the Farming rock.

I added Kitt's new blog (The World Portal) as well as Vandyballer's to the blog list on the right. Which is kind of amusing, because I read both of them regularly and I just never noticed I hadn't put them up there. Sorry guys!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi G

Haven't been playing much lately because of the weather..

Anywho..I never did get the rocks while doing herb runs, I got both of them pretty quickly by mixing potions. I hope that works for you too!

Lnbo