Monday, May 10, 2010

Going Rogue

TCA's survivor competition still goes on and I'm still hanging in there. I use this as an excuse to train skills I normally don't because any motivation is good motivation.

It's how I got my Firemaking cape. Since that, I've been Thieving. I'm actually, dare I say it, enjoying it. As you get more levels, the experience comes quicker and its amazing how quick you get it. I'm averaging between 12k-13k per run at Pyramid Plunder now.

One thing that I've always wanted was the Rogue outfit from the Rogue's Den maze minigame. I had attempted this several times before and it is NOT easy. Or fun. More, incredibly frustrating. You labor for a while going all the way around this spiral trying to get to the middle and its filled with a ton of traps. Trigger just one, and you have to start all over again.

I had never made it to the center before, even with using a map. Even if you get to the middle and go to loot the safe, instead of giving you a reward, it might spring a trap and you'll have nothing and have to start all over again.



However, at 80 you can use a pretty sweet shortcut. I needed a break from the Pyramid and since I've made it up to 83 Thieving so far, I thought I might as well try it. The first couple of times were rough, but once I got it down, I was breezing through with it taking me about 3 mins from start to finish per run. No wonder why no one does this, the xp is TERRIBLE. I would get about 360xp in each Agility and Thieving each run. It took me about 2.5-3 hours to get it all put I love the way it looks for the full outfit.



This is the outfit I've been plundering in since I got it. I had thought it'd be like Temple Trekking for the Lumberjack outfit, this seemed to go faster. The mask was the last part of it. I ended up with 4 pants, 3 gloves, 1 boots, 2 tops and one mask.

Say what you will about the Ring of Wealth. I know it shouldn't work. However, I put it on in a whim last week and I got a Pharaoh Sceptre. I've kept it on and I just got my second sceptre. Sheer luck? I'm sure of it, but I'm not going to mess with a good thing.

I FINALLY got a Farming rock from a herbrun. Was my 43rd lap around the patches. Still waiting on the second one. Up to run 49 now. This is ridiculous.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Yes, it was sheer luck. Ring of Wealth only affects monster drops, and only a specific, shared list of monster drops consisting mainly of gems and half-keys. Not Pharaoh's Sceptres. ;)