Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to the Grind

It always amuses me when Runescape things come to mind while doing activities in real life. I apologize for being away for so long, but a few friends of mine and I decided to take some time off and go camping. Daily chores in the woods are as common as the ones in game. Every morning we’d drive to the secluded spot, cut down some dead trees with our hatchets and saws (clearing out dead trees greatly decreases the chances of the spreading of forest fires, being that the alive ones are less likely to burn), chop them up, bring them back to the camp, start a fire and start making breakfast. I wouldn’t have minded a Dragon Woodcutting Axe at all because I believe my real life one was the equivalent of a bronze one. I laughed to myself at the thought of maybe a little firework explosion over my head and the realization “Oh awesome! Now I can cut down that fir over there!”

It also occurred to me that our Runescape characters don’t seem to shower too often. The scents of the medieval era are something I’m not too upset about missing out on. The ones with Firemaking Capes must smell like campfires, the fishermen like myself probably aren’t the most popular bunch. Spending hours out on a fishing trawler in August in heavy metal armor can’t be good. There are the unexpected ones which help, maybe a dip in the whirlpool, or failing an agility shortcut that will leave you having to dry out.

I sometimes feel like there’s too many time constraints while playing to do my daily chores. If I only have about 2 hours to play, do I really want to use it running all over collecting battlestaves, sand, pineapples, seaweed, etc? The sad thing is, when I don’t do these things, I feel almost guilty for having neglected it. Pushing Tears back yet another day, or missing out on the cash and great Crafting/Magic xp from the staves kills me a bit.

Speaking of Tears, I just set my new record high at 123. The running around frantically seems to work tons better than just standing in one spot and waiting those few seconds to see if the vein will change back. It brought me up to 55 Construction. I’m glad I can level in this skill without spending a truckload of cash and also I’m happy that my lowest level is now 55. I’ll be excited to get all skills to 60. I’ve been keeping all my uncuts and battlestaves in preparation for a monthly challenge involving Crafting xp, but it’s really taking a toll on m bankspace.

Sadly since I’ve been away, I don’t really have that much more to contribute. Fear not, loyal and MUCH appreciated readers I’ll have something new to print soon.

No comments: