Friday, August 29, 2008

Holiday, Worlds Away

Its the start of a holiday weekend here in the USA. The unoffical end to summer holiday of Labor Day. All that really matters to me is that I have Monday off and am goiing to be spending the weekend at the beach. I hope everyone has their BBQ's fired up and ready to celebrate :)

The new quest, All Fired Up, has people firemaking like crazy. It seems like everyone has now gone pyromaniac. I have to say, its a little contageous. FM has always been one of my lower skills, with no real rewards from training it, I would rather either fletch my logs from kingdom, use them for Construction, or in a pinch, just sell them. The idea of the beacon lighting for some reason really appeals to me. I think it would be fun racing from one to another loading and lighting logs. A friend did point out, however, that, what's the point in a beacon system if it's one person running from beacon to beacon lighting them. I kind of have to agree with that.

Anyways, I figure I have to bite the bullett sooner or later, so I've locked myself away in Tai Bwo Wanna (also frees up a bankspace from using my trading sticks) to cut/burn mahogany logs. I'll probably do this till I get sick of it and demand escape. I want to get my Woodcutting to 75 (71 now) so I can cut my own Magic trees from farming. When motivation strikes to train two skills you really don't enjoy doing, you jsut have to run with it.

Kind of a slow week, got my 1700 total levels fireworks a couple days ago. That was pretty fun. September 1 starts my clan's Agility month. I love Agility, although my level is kind of low in it. I have a ton of tickets I need to cash in. This competition should motivate me to get a little more agile :) I definitely want to get it to 80 so I can use the shortcut in Taverly Dungeon to the Hellhounds, I hate having to walk all the way around. Its weird how motivating being lazy can be. I'll be back after the holiday, have an awesome weekend!

No comments: