Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Smell of a Grill Can Spark Up Nostalgia

Labor Day is upon us once again. I can’t believe the summer went by so fast. Seems like just yesterday I was freezing at the opening day of baseball season. I’ve watched about 90% of the games the Phillies played in this year, staying up for the West Coast games doesn’t work out to well with my work schedule. I watched riders tear through the mountains in the Tour de France (my favorite part of the year) and finally the Olympics just ended with all the amazement and controversy I expected. Soon we’ll be settling in for Sunday football and deciding what Halloween costume to wear while watching the World Series play out before our eyes. Shorts will be put away and hoodies will be dragged out of the closets.

It seems that Runescape is nearing the time of the usual changing of the guards. Some players won’t be on much because they’re starting high school again. College kids are coming back from their summers away and will be playing again. My friends that are commercial fishermen will be back soon because their season is closing. And so it happens when the seasons change. The same will happen in the summer, then the fall again. It’s always sad to see people leave, but its great to see them come back again.

I hate to see the summer leave. I’m not a fan of the cold weather. As much as I love fall, it still reminds me of trying to enjoy a Sunday night with Monday morning (aka Winter) just around the corner. Next week I go back to my 8-5 hours, leaving me a little more time to play the game. Snowy weekends will be spent with a hot beverage and the laptop set up and key for watching lots of movie while I try to level, instead of being out enjoying the sun. Everything is cyclical, with every change brings some good and some bad, which makes you appreciate the good more after going through the bad. I’ve been getting a lot of levels this week. As you go on, the days of getting multiple levels grow fewer and far between. I ended this weekend by getting 80 Attack, 64 Summoning to push my CB level to 108. Pushing me at 1698 total. That desire to stay up for “just one more level” was overruled by my exhaustion.

I got to witness a good friend get her 99 Range level and Skill Cape this weekend and its pretty inspiring. All you need is a goal and you can be entertained for hours :)

No comments: