Monday, March 8, 2010

All Trekked Out

First off, I have to say congrats to Full of Pie on her 99 Agility. Check out her post here, along with the most adorable looking ‘cake’ ever.

Real life rewards for in-game accomplishments are always fun. Two years ago when I got my fishing cape, I treated myself to a pretty sweet pair of Nike Dunks that I designed to be two shades of blue with gold highlights. I’ll post a pic when I get home and find them.

Ok so… Temple Trekking for charms… Yeah…

I am probably the unluckiest person when it comes to Temple Trekking. I spent 10 hours doing it this weekend. I got full lumberjack and decided that was my cue to give it up. In 10 hours I managed to amass 10 Lumberjack Boots, 4 Lumberjack Hats, 2 legs and 1 top. This was just a side product of what I really wanted, which was charms. Total charms amassed in 10 hours? Drumroll please... 20. 20 freaking charms. What else did I manage to get? Lots of bogs. I think I broke a record when I got the bog on 7 STRAIGHT treks. I also managed to come upon a 17 square bog path.

I mean, really? That’s just downright mean. Once I got the Lumberjack Top, I gave up. Well, for 10 hours I have almost an inventory for Summoning. >.<

Nothing too much else accomplished. I fished sharks in Catherby for about an hour trying to get those rocks for Shattered Heart. Someone mentioned switching to Piscatoris. When I did that, I got one before I even caught my first monk. So if you’re wondering a good way to get it, Piscatoris is the way to go. While there I did a few lines of Firemaking for those stones. Went to Edge to smith some gold ore for the Smithing stones. That was a rough one. I got the first one alright but the second took forever. I finally got it on my second to last ore. From there I sat in my house and got the Construction stones. I cashed all those in and got some decent xp.

That was pretty much it for the weekend. It was good to get to hang out with Merch Gwyar and Warloc for a while at least. Temple Trekking is actually pretty fun, and made even better with friends. As for now, back to prepping for xp week. Which means cutting granite. Fun.

I’m half tempted to change my name to Full of Bog.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

One of the important tricks in Temple Trekking is to bring a slayer ring with you. If you hit a bog, use your slayer ring to teleport back to the Slayer Tower and start a new trek. It's much faster. Alternatively, bring a house teleport and use a Kharyrll portal if you haven't unlocked slayer rings yet.

Believe me, it speeds you up a lot. I'm sure you can imagine.