Monday, March 1, 2010

The Great Freakout of 2010

XP weekend is pretty much all anyone is talking about. Godswords and expensive armor are crashing in price as people frantically sell what they have to buy up herbs, pots and seconds as well as other skill necessities in the GE.

I'm guilty of this as well. I haven't sold anything, I like my armor, but that stockpile of cash I've been hoarding is going to be put to good use. Since so much is virtually sold out of the GE, its making trading one item for another kind of fun among friends. It's also making me herb farm as quickly as possible.

I think I've got my plans in order. I have over 7k pure ess, so that should tide me over for the Runecrafting. At least until my sanity gives out.

Everyone has the same variation of skills they want to train, from what I've gathered on others. Summoning and Herblore seem to be the top two. Can't say I'm any different. Two skills that don't really have any other way of boosting xp other than Penguin Points. No clay vials or pouches to use from Stealing Creation.

It's interesting to me to see that everyone seems to be doing nothing but skilling that weekend. Its kind of cool, to be honest. I want to see the bounceback price changes that happen after that weekend.

This is going to be a big push for levels, and I love it. I feel like after all this gathering cactus, filling vials, etc, I'm going to be disappointed in what Herblore level I end up. I dream big, but I think I'm going to get maybe 2 levels max. That even seems pretty high. Oh well, motivation is motivation.

This goes right TCA's survivor competition. Basically everyone races skills over weeks to lose their minds. I'm not sure I'm fully recovered from the last one.

This has had me spending some time back at Stealing Creation. It's been a while since I've played this. I realized I missed it a lot, the skill only version. The clanchat has changed a lot since the last time I played. It seems some let the little rank next to them in clan chat go to their heads. Its fine though, I usually just ignore whatever's going on and focus on getting my clay and making what I need.

Olympics are over, sadly. 35 days until the first baseball game of the regular season. Seems like forever, but it'll pass soon enough. Until then, I'll continue prepping for D-Weekend :)

No comments: