Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Hour!

Wow, this is pretty amazing. Also, went unnoticed until someone pointed it out. Jagex is having an extra xp weekend. It's the weekend of March 12. You start off making 2.7x xp in the first hour, eventually dipping to 1.1x xp after 10 hours and then remaining constant at that rate until Sunday.

Check it out here.

Awesome? Yes! Much like everything awesome, this is going to take planning. Altars, clay, horn, and any thing where you 'cash in points for xp' do not count.

Considering my hatred of Hunting and Agility, they might be in the early hours. I'm thinking the best way to start out though is to plant all my high level trees before, then check health as soon as I log in. That takes very little time and will have a pretty high reward.

Summoning is definitely going to play a major part, good thing I have a good amount of Crims banked. I'm not going to waste my time with runecrafting. 600xp per run over 300 xp per run doesn't make much difference. Don't think I'll bother with Construction either, I'll just stick to using clay hammers for that.

I'm thinking Farm-Summon-Herb-Hunt and Agil with the 1.1 bonus.

Watch, my power will be out or something. How do you plan to use this valuable time?

2 comments:

Jax said...

First, Circus. That's going to be close to 150k xp in 1 minute. (Range, Mage and Agility)

Then, herblore. I'll make a ton of unfinished potions first.

Then summoning.

By the time this gets done I should be in the 1.5-2.0 multiplier.

Eliminating skills that I can get better multipliers easily for (all SC and altars type skills) I'm thinking cut gems (super fast and I have a bunch and it'll only take a few minutes).

Then either slayer (unless all the areas are camped which they may be) or runecrafting.

And yeah, rc won't be super good but since there is no way to bonus RC I figure ZMI the rest of the weekend.

Avicile Mohaili said...

I'm going to cook it all up, as I plan on 99 cooking for my birthday. :P Your idea about farming is genius- I'm gonna do that too!!