Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Motions

I’d like to thank everyone for their kind words and suggestions on my last post. Even just people and my friends I could talk to about random things in game helps so much. It was really hard playing during the first couple of days to be honest. Calling our one friend really helped because it was just good to talk to someone who could just relate was an amazing feeling.

We had a little memorial service for her which, with almost every large gathering in rs, was well intentioned but worked out kind of awkwardly. Her son logged on so he could see how many people cared, but I don’t think he fully understood it, and that I get. Let alone dealing with the loss himself, it’s a hard thing to look in on people trying to say nice things on an online game while a bunch of others are really just there as spectators or showed up out of curiosity.

Either way its just hard seeing that name on your friends list that you know is never going to log on again. I wish there were some way to close off her cc though, it seems to be being used by some pretty disrespectful people. People go to gravesites to visit and talk to their friends and family. I hate to make the analogy but the clan chat is kind of like that. I can’t get to the other side of the country whenever I want to talk to her. I was cleaning out my emails when I came across one from her not too long ago asking if I could teach her how to do Bork since the Chaos Tunnels were confusing. I think I made it a point to go everyday until she knew the route, then she would take me along showing me that she knew them so well. Fun stuff.


I’ve just been keeping myself distracted really. I’ve been doing a lot of Corp masses because they’re pretty fun and you don’t really think about much other than surviving there. Survival therapy I guess you can call it. I’ve seen some Spectral drops, I’m hoping I just go enough to get something awesome. You really begin to realize how rare certain drops are if you just spend day after day killing hundreds of the same thing. I managed to level my Defense up to 93 which I’m excited about. I always like it when I’m harder to hit.


I got 85 Prayer as well since the last post. That way I could make my Blessed Spirit Shield, mainly because I was curious about it. So far I’m liking it, but man, just getting from 84-85 shows why I haven’t done Prayer more often. I tried to go back to Soul Wars, it seems to be the free way to train it while getting other xp as well, but those games get pretty annoying sometimes. To see how it’d work out I actually switched to Ancients and took my Magic Essence pots (which aren’t tradeable and I gotta use them sometime) and tried using Ice Barrage for the first time. It’s not as fun as it looks.

Not many other things have been going on lately. Is it me or hasn’t there been an update in a while? Also, I’m guessing no Thanksgiving event this year? I kind of liked the turkey ones. I know it’s really only a North American holiday, but we’ve had them before. Ah well…

I’ve been struggling with bank space lately. All these clue rewards stack up (h3 plate, h2 helm, h4 legs) but not being able to put them in our POH without the complete sets is pretty lame. At least there’s the option now of not having everything bombard you when you open it. I opened my box for the first time since seeing everyone get destroyed with inv and bank spots and was pleased to see the option of that not happening. Also, I realized I only have 2 things in there that would have been affected, so it wouldn’t have been that much of a deal after all anyway.

My motivation for leveling skills has really just been take whatever’s closest to leveling and run with it. Dungeoneering aside, of course. It’s kind of at that point to where nothing really seems close to a level. My Slayer task is daggies so I went with a friend to the Daganoth Kings. Good lord that place is confusing to get to. On top of that I didn’t really like killing them too much. Them and TDs, I just can’t get into. It was an experience though, like trying a food you don’t like every couple of years to see if your tastes have changed.


Well, I guess that’s enough rambling for now. I hope everyone has a safe and good Thanksgiving for all those who celebrate it. For those that don’t, I hope you have a great week as well.

1 comment:

Free Runescape Membership Codes said...

So far I'm halfway through the piscatoris intelligencer, this guide is helping me get all the way through! Thanks (: