Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Insert clever title here

World 61, 8PM EST, South Varrock Bar for meetup and party! Check out my previous post for time zone conversions. (Merch – so sorry about the mixup! I felt so bad!)

A bunch of updates came out yesterday. I’m glad extreme pots can be used in minigames, even though I can’t make any of them yet. The RC update is nice. A few extra runes here and there is alright. I can understand why everyone 91+ would be upset. It’s not an easy skill to level, which comes with good rewards, but I hate to say it, it’s not going to stay like that forever. Eventually every skill gets updated with something new which angers everyone who already got a high level in it. Its just, Runescape life… Think of Mining before stars and Woodcutting before Evil Trees or even having to even click for each log.

I don’t really use Magic in combat, so that doesn’t really effect me either, but I’m happy that option is there. Basically, out of all the updates this week, the one I’m really excited about, which is really just a side note, is the fact that I can now make big bones into peaches. I’ve been dying for that forever. No more having to kill wild dogs for bones on Fire Giant tasks or hoping for fish drops from Aquanites.

I’ve been feeling fighty lately. I should get back to Slayer, but Scarabite task just leaves me so… ugh… I’ve been making a solo Bandos trip daily. I can usually get about 2 kills. A lot of times I go in and Graardor is already below half health. I get that, he hits hard, people need to tele out. I just can’t help but wonder when I finish him off, if that was the good drop or not. After that, I usually go to Soul Wars. After a herb run of course I’m saving up for 100 points and I have to say, I have no idea why. Its just a goal that I created that doesn’t really have a point. Should I use the xp on Slayer? Magic? Prayer? It would easily get me 94 Strength (I’m about 600k from that now)… I just really started liking the game. I like killing Jellies/Pyerfiends, taking control of the obelisk, killing the ava, etc. The waiting room does need an update however, there’s times where you get in with everyone else, but just don’t get in a game. You just sit there for 20 minutes and get told you have a higher priority. I swear, sometimes I wonder how my priority could possibly get any higher.

It’s also interesting how kills of Bork and Kril show up in the Adventurer Log, but Graardor kills don’t. I wonder what Rodney Dangerfield would have to say about that…

My favorite thing from the patch notes – “A tree broke its trunk. We've splinted the gap and it should be healed in no time.” For some reason that makes me laugh.

One thing that kills me about updates is that they come out on Tuesdays. It’s the one day of the week where I actually have obligations (albeit being at a bar shooting darts), so I sneak on the site at work during the morning, see what they are, read forums and blogs about them and the anticipation of using them is like being a kid and waiting for Christmas. No matter how big/small they are. The day the GE was released was the worst. I had been waiting for that forever! A little waiting just makes it that much more exciting :)

I’ve been seeing more RS blogs than ever. Some are new, some are ones I finally heard about that I haven’t seen before. I love this. Everyone’s experience with the game is unique, I love hearing about it from all angles.

4 comments:

Armmadylo said...

Hey, is it on the 22nd? My account, Armmadylo, is restriced to Quick Chat, so I'll create a new one and come along!

Jax said...

Scabarite task? Should be cake. Cannon near the ne corner of the scabarite area (near the stone pillar thinger). Seriously fast, just wear an enchanted water tiara, a few prayer pots and you can fly through it.I melee the range using critters and use melee prayer.

I will try to make the meetup. I'm hearing rumors that I am supposed to be hanging christmas lights at that time but we'll see.

Merch Gwyar said...

Cariad, it's not your fault, don't feel bad! It's me not reading things properly. :p

I'll be there on the proper night, though I don't know how long I'll stay, as I'm in Britain, so it's the early hours for me. Looking forward to it though!

Turbo said...

Thanks for the invite. I will be there. It is Monday afternoon for me in Japan, so I should have no probs.

See you there!