Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Suntory Time

Sunday, November 22, 8PM EST. World 61 (F2P), Blue Moon Inn (Bar in southern Varrock) Stop by! Let's get together and actually meet each other. I know this isn't going to be a good time for everyone, but we can do this again at another time if this goes over well and people are interested.

For timezones:
Event starts:
US/Eastern: 8:00 PM (Sunday, 22 Nov 2009)
US/Pacific: 5:00 PM (Sunday, 22 Nov 2009)
US/Central: 7:00 PM (Sunday, 22 Nov 2009)
UK: 1:00 AM (Monday, 23 Nov 2009)
Europe: 2:00 AM (Monday, 23 Nov 2009)
Australia (Brisbane): 11:00 AM (Monday, 23 Nov 2009)
New Zealand: 2:00 PM (Monday, 23 Nov 2009)
(Totally stole that from the Events section of TCA)

Come out, have a beer at the pub and we can say hi, talk about whatever - state of the game, economy, recent updates, future updates, what we like, what we hate, how much better our sports team is than the others, anything. Like I said, I just think it'd be fun to meet with everyone who shares similar interests. Bring friends, bring friends of friends, its open to anyone and everyone.

That said, I got up to 82 Slayer this weekend. One more level to those Spiritual Mages and Dragon Boot drops.

Actually had a pretty decent experience at Armadyl last night. Since Armadyl Hilts are ridiculously expensive now, every world is pretty packed. We finally found one that was open, with a team about 10-15 kc behind us. They were actually really nice. We said we just wanted a few kills and they agreed to let us go in first. We ended up staying for about 8 kills before they came in, which was right as we were about to leave. Why can't it always be like that? A little communication goes so far. Also, if I know you're going to just kill a few, I'd gladly wait a bit instead of constantly world hopping or competing for kills. That said, no major drops, but no deaths between the 4-5 of us, c'est la vie...

The Champion update came out yesterday. I went to the Champions Guild, went to the basement, talked to... the person who's name I can't remember, fought a leprechaun, talked to him again and now I have my own personal cheerleader following me around carrying its zombie banner. Its pretty cute with its little wings and what it says and all. Plus, zombies are pretty awesome in their own right, so it amuses me.

I'm getting closer to 93 Strength. Hopefully I'll have that before the next posting.

6 comments:

Merch Gwyar said...

Oh dear! I thought this was tonight! I was all geared up to coming. I'm a noob. Ok, I'll try to make it on the correct night. LOL

Anonymous said...

2AM Europe time? Dude, seriously, how do you expect Europeans to come like that? We (everyone on the internet) generaly agree to make parties at around 10pm GMT time to make it avaliable for nearly everyone. Can't you just change the time to that so I can also come?

chrisofour said...

Thanks for hosting the party! I stopped by for a second so I could be a fangirl and marvel at all the famous bloggers! :)

G said...

Silver, it'd help if you had asked to change the time a little bit before the day of. Your general assumption that "everyone on the internet" aggrees to make parties at 10pm GMT is pretty rude and ridiculous. A lot of europeans did make it. I did state that if I were to do it again, I could make it earlier. You have to take into consideration, Europe isn't the only place out there and you're not "everyone on the internet." 10pm GMT is 5am in Singapore, you can't please anyone.

Also as the organizer, I personally couldn't make it until 8pm. No real sense in organizing something if you're not even going to be there to host it.

Anonymous said...

Chill out dude. I was just asking you if it would be possible to change the time. I'm not death theatening you or anything, no need to be rude. My apologies if I did sound like that to you though, didn't mean it.

Do a bit of research and you'll see 9-11PM GMT is indeed a general time for events. A good example are major events, such as Multi Site Steel Wars and the old Masors who took time at those times. So no, I wasn't being self centered, just suggesting a time that could suit more people (and myself of course).

So. Could you *please* host the next event earlier?

Cheers.

G said...

That's fine, but I wasn't about to host an event that I couldn't make it to. And yes, your post did come across as very rude. It's hard catering to everyone. As much as I could have held it earlier, when I couldn't attend, you could have stayed up later as well.

Just because a 2 clans decided to host events at 10GMT, it doesn't mean everyone does or that has to be the time for any event ever.

Like I said, I'll do the next one earlier. If you didn't want to come across as rude, just watch your tone. Also, expecting the time to change on the day of is completely unrealistic.

I'm sorry you couldn't make it, but I'm sure there's plenty of events lots of people can't make. There's no single time that's good for everyone.