Monday, November 23, 2009

Wow!

What a turnout! To be completely honest, I was expecting a few people to show up last night, with the acceptance of it just being me and one other person in the bar having a beer, I was ok with that as well. I never expected so many people to show up!

With so many people showing up, it was a little difficult to carry on a conversation. Some good discussions were had and all in all it was a lot of fun! I can’t express enough thanks to everyone who made it despite it being late, being sick (get better Kitt!), real life commitments, etc. It’s much appreciated.

Photobucket

It’s amazing how many people have started writing about the game in the last couple months. Merch brought up the fact that Icey Dan1’s video was a pretty big inspiration to a lot of people. It’s interesting, three or so years ago when I was looking for websites about Runescape, they were pretty few and far between. You’d mostly come up with guides and gold farming websites when you searched. Yeah there were definitely a few out there, some are still around, some made a post or two and never got back to it again, some update once or twice a year and some go from Runescape to blogging about a new game that they have all moved on to. Now it seems like there are plenty of places to find people actively writing about their game experiences. Whether it be just a journal of their levels and goals, talking about interactions, talking about how the game relates to different socio-political-economic issues which surround all of us in real life, pking, runescape classic, anything and everything related to the game – its out there.

Photobucket

I'll probably host another one sometime relatively soon. It was great meeting everyone and hanging out with everyone whom I've been lucky enough to know before this.

I loved the Canting Away parade march in :)

Photobucket

Rollcall:
Jaxana
FullofPie
Vaskor and don't forget his Runewise
Merch Gwyar
Teacuptime
Air Stallion
Zachman3334
Ezenaku
Kitt Foxx
Gerasimos aka Somisareg
Tanlker
Eman1051
GymBagBoy
Nezantra
Hubertos1
Lnbo
Chrisoffour
Mroja

If I left you off, I'm soo sorry, just drop me a line and I'll add you. I was furiously trying to write down names, take screenies and of course, have fun :) Also, let me know if there's a problem with the links.

Note what Momma Licka, who I think just stopped by accidentally wrote :) lol. Unless of course, they actually have a blog called "I lick moms..."

Thanks for a great time everyone!

2 comments:

Merch Gwyar said...

It was pretty groovy, wasn't it?

While I was there, I was bemoaning a lack of a decent RSS feed to keep up with blogs. Vaskor told me about the Google one, so I've been and made an account. I've just added 81 blogs to it! :o But it does what I want it to and this blog entry was my first update that I received on it! :D

Thanks again for organising it. Looking forward to the next one.

Anonymous said...

G

Thanks so much for organizing this, I had a great time. It helped rejuvenate some interest in Runescape for me, which has been steadily declining though the years.
I also managed to append a friendslist entry from it – so now I’m up to four; although two of those quit when the game was merged over to RS2 =)

Lnbo