Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meetups, Chores & Godwars

Just to clarify some comments I made in the last post, what I'd like to do is just have an in-game meetup at some point. I'll host it in my house and anyone is welcome to come. Bloggers, readers, commenters, friends, etc. I just think it would be neat to see and talk to some of the people I sometimes only read about. We've got a pretty amazing community, people from all over, with all different gamestyles and goals, writing styles, writing subjects... It would be great to just have a gathering and socialize since we share a common interest.

I know that not everyone can make it because of timezones, life, etc, so maybe there'll be more than one. Now that the World Series is (sadly) over, I can concentrate on something other than baseball. I'll have the details together next week.

That said, I'm loving how pretty much all the daily errands are noted. I'm actually more inclined to do them now. I can usually get them done in about 10-15 mins. 20 tops if I'm fighting the jade vine instead of checking it. What I do is suit up in my best melee gear and weapon. My inv consists of:
Cammy tele runes (1 Law, 5 Air)
Ardy tele runes (2 Law, 2 Water)
Yanille tele runes (2 Law, 2 Earth)
Varrock tele runes (1 Law, 3 Air, 1 Fire)
Seer's Headband
Varrock 3 Platebody
Ardy Cape
Cash
Anti poison
Food

I usually start south and work my way up.
1) Tele to Yanille - Get sand from Bert
2) Tele to Ardy - Check/fight Jade Vine, get your 150 ess from the Wizard (wear cape)
3) Tele to Cammy - Get flax (headband), run to Catherby, get pineapples & seaweed from Arnheim
4) Tele to Varrock- Get staves (Varrock 3)
5) Tele to Edge (yes I'm lazy) - go kill Bork

You can bank at edge if you don't want to take all of that to Bork with you. I also stopped bothering with the Phoenix a while ago and the fact that I can do these so quickly, its really quite simple now.

The other night I was bored and feeling a little fighty. I decided to give soloing Kril down in Zammy GWD another shot. Each previous attempt I was really close, but just couldn't do it. I think the key is the fact that someone told me about setting the "Take bob" option to right click, making it easy to grab some extra Mantas from my turtle with just a quick click. No great drops, 3 Lantadyme seeds and 298 Addy P++ arrows (about 400k junk for those), but I'm glad to know I can do it now.

I really want to solo Kree'Aara. I've made a few attempts, all which bring me back to the fact that my range isn't close to good enough. I really need to train range, I just don't like it. Ah well.

1 comment:

Nablo Putaski said...

My account got hacked so I'm now f2p, so I can't attend the event if it's in a house...