Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Parkour of Runescape

I've been spending a lot of time at the Brim agility course. I set out a while ago to get 1k tickets to turn in for a sweet 352kxp. The agility course there looks amazing with the graphical update. I had been pacing myself, I found it to be necessary. Agility is one of the skills I find easy to go crazy doing and Brimhaven seems to be the only place that seems to not drive me nuts quick. I think its the fact that it changes up and the frantic sprint to where that arrow can lead next is somewhat exhilirating. The xp is slow, but that big chunk of cashing in those 1k tickets is waiting for me. Just...*sigh, 400 more to go.

I don't mind the Wildy course if I'm with friends. Being there alone, running in circles over and over just waiting for a Rev to come along and put me out of my misery is brutal. I go there knowing I'm going to die. Once I make the trek there, I stay until I die, whether it be 30 seconds or 4 separate log ins. Might as well.

Agility is the skill I can maybe tell you about 1 reward I don't have that I am looking forward to. Lvl 70, the tunnel in the Tav Dungeon from the entrance straight to the Blue Dragons. Once I'm at 70, good bye Dusty Key forever.

It seems my encounters with Agility are following a friend questing, training, or whatever who goes "Ok go this way" then the blasted "You need 58 Agility to be able to ____." Which is quickly followed by a "Doh! Expletive!" by yours truly. I guess my motivation has been to train to avoid those situations. Thank god I finally got past the part that I can use the shortcut at Ectofunctus getting the slime, running back and forth was killing me. Hop! Skip Jump! I'm there :) 4kxp til about 60 Agility... The cape is amazing looking and I'd love to have it, I just don't think I'd ever have the patience. Kudos to you knimble, limber, fence hopping, tunnel squeezing, rock climbing Agility masters out there!

No comments: