Monday, September 8, 2008

My CPU is a neural net processor, a learning computer.

The new distractions are working out to be just that. I’ve only spied on about 3 penguins, but I think I’ve spied on the same ones about 20 times. No matter where it is, it seems to always say that I’ve got that one already. It’s increasingly hard to tuck myself away at say Hellhounds and finish my slayer task because every 2 hours or so, I’m running off chasing a star. I just can’t seem to pass one up. All of that quick and easy Mining experience is too precious. It’s not about the rewards, although they are pretty awesome. I think it works out to a little over 90k worth of cash & items, but for me its about the mining experience. That and the Smithing xp from the gold ore helps, as well as the time it saves me running to the Abyss to craft Cosmics for enchanting jewelry or bolts. We have a pretty good system down. About 10 mins before it hits, we do a head count of who’s in and what spots they’re going to wait at. We try to keep one person at the telescope too because once we know it has landed, we know we can leave the spot we’re at and run to the next one. I’ll say on average, I get about 6k Mining xp from each one. Do that a couple times a day, it adds up. Not bad for just a few minutes of work.

I finally cashed in 1k Agility tickets! It seemed like it couldn’t come fast enough. It basically doubled my overall Agility xp and got me from level 62 to level 69. I headed to Ape Atoll to finish off the remaining experience to get me to 70. *Kicks Dusty Key into the trash* Turns out my home world is where everyone does the Agility course there. Kind of amusing seeing so many little monkeys running in circles. I’ve also come to the conclusion that I’m terrible at that course. I guess you get used to it, but people were lapping me over and over. I guess I need to get better at clicking. And Jax, I might take you up on that offer :)

After doing a pretty awful clue, I finished my task of Hellhounds (which are so much easier to get to now!) and got my first Dust Devil assignment. A friend showed me the way to them in the Chaos Tunnels and I quickly got an HP, CB and Slayer level. I was surprised at how relatively easy they were and was able to get through all 120 in just one sitting. Of course, I wasn’t sure what to bring so I just used Pro Melee the whole time since I had a lot of ppots on me. I was entertained by the Red Vamb drops, I’ve never seen anything drop that before. Always good to have a few things around to alch just in case I find myself standing at a bank doing nothing because I can’t decide what to do next.

Also this weekend, a friend took me and some others to my first Godwars boss. We went to Bandos after he pretty much guaranteed our safety. I love it when people are super patient and understanding. It took a while to get us in the proper gear and inventories because 3 of us had never been there before. We got there, got our kill counts and found some people to team up with. It was pretty amusing. We got a few kills, I didn’t get any drops, but that’s ok. It was more about satisfying my curiosity. I did end up dying, but due to my own forgetfulness. I just completely forgot to eat because I was so tied up into what was going on. Thankfully it wasn’t that big of a deal. I saw my grave was blessed, hit up the GE to get some new God Items, went back and got my Kill Count. They gave me the “all clear” and I ran in and got my stuff. The only things I didn’t have the inv space for were just a handful of ppots and Mantas. All of which I was happy to part with to get everything else back. We’re taking an actual clan trip there on Saturday and I’m pretty excited. It’ll be fun to be with all friends and we should be able to last there a while.

Anyways, that’s all the rambling I should do for now. The Sarah Connor Chronicles starts tonight and I have a feeling for that hour I won’t be watchng football or the Philllies. Watch it! Its good to see decent television finally coming back on the air after summer.

2 comments:

Jax said...

I'll be back on ape atoll next month. My only advice (though I'm sure you know this) is to put the North pointer on your compass to the sw so that you don't have to keep spinning your camera view.

And I agree with you about the star chasing. I did find all 10 penguins last night and I'll do it again tonight, join riods2525 clan chat and it is significantly easier.

I don't want to hear about the Phillies. My Mariners (woohoo 8 games over 300!)gave up on Jamie Moyer a few years back saying he was too old.

Sigh

G said...

I actually didn't know that about Ape Atoll, thanks for the hint! And thanks for the heads up on the clan chat too, I'll have to check it out this week.

Just know that Moyer is in a good home here. He is completely loved by everyone for going well beyond what he was asked to do and keep us in it. That means a lot coming from a city that threw snowballs at santa claus.