Monday, September 15, 2008

We all have our little things that motivate us. For me, recently it’s been hiscores. I know it might seem petty, but I love watching my rank change. I like seeing how positions fluctuate week to week. I love the contrast between the member and free to play skills. I got a lot of levels this weekend, I just happened to be close to a few and banged them all out at once. I love how 74 Farming ranks you at 27,000 but 74 Woodcutting doesn’t even get you under 500,000. I planted my first Magic Trees with the use of a garden pie. As cool as they look fully grown, I kind of think they look awesome as half grown saplings. Can’t wait to get the xp from checking health later on tonight.

I’m kind of disappointed with a few recent clan events. Our Bandos trip this weekend was cancelled due to only about four people showing up. Only a few have been taking part in training Agility as well. Even though I really don’t like cb that much, I try to make all the trips for a number of reasons. First, the more the better. With a large group, chances are you’ll be perfectly safe. You can stay for multiple kills and if anyone needs something, everyone’s willing to share. Second, I’ve done some things that I wouldn’t have done on my own. New music is always a plus. I’m just willing to try anything new, as long as I know its safe. Last, I just like to hang out. Everyone’s friends, its more like a group in that sense, opposed to other clans that are rank and cb level based for Clan Wars or what not.

It seems skilling kind of takes a back burner sometimes. People get upset no one shows up for cb trips, but no one even cares about even a mass skilling event. A lot of skills people find boring and much improved when you have good company. And think, if you do it now you won’t have to do it later. It’s just disheartening when you come up with a seemingly good idea, and no one pays much attention. At least just feign interest…

Ok sorry, gripe over. I’ve been really struggling with bankspace recently. I still haven’t done the circus yet because I know I have no room for whatever items it gives me. Next month is Crafting and I’ve been hoarding all my uncuts and battlestaves for then. That should free up some space, but still have to wait about 2 weeks to do it. I see they’ve come out with the follow up to the Wildy quest today. I’m sure that’ll end up taking even more bankspace. With so many things added just in the past couple months, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an expansion on the horizon. I guess the real basis of it is that I need to get my Construction up. When I got 60 Hunting this weekend it left me only having 2 skills left in the 50s. 58 Runecrafting and 57 Construction. I keep my RC up so I can use my tears for Construction. It kills me spending an arm and a leg without having any real way around it. I guess I could just use limestone, but where’s the fun in that?

Phils sweep the Brewers! As great as it is that they are tied for the wildcard, I would rather they won the division and once again the Mets fail to make the playoffs. Let’s see if that can happen, ok? It was sad to see the Jets fail to beat the cheating empire that is the Patriots. It’s awesome when your team plays on Monday nights, but it makes Sunday seem a little off. So tonight I’m going to hunker down, play a little RS. Watch The Sarah Connor Chronicles then watch my Eagles destroy those wretched Cowboys in their own home. Go birds!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well as a die hard pats fan, I wish youd get over the whole cheating thing, but I guess thats asking too much from bitter jets fans, who once again, failed to beat the pats who had a BACKUP qb, and the jets were at home too, lol.........you guys will never beat us....NEVER

muhuwahahahaha

G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
G said...

Ah, this is what I love about boston fans. Totally disregard everything that was written except for a sentence.

They're non-existant for the 20 years where their team is the laughing stock of the NFL. Only come out in the past 6 years when they've been winning when they've been exposed for cheating 5 out of those 6, claim to be "die hard fans." However, the only championship game they don't cheat in, lose to Eli Manning, probably one of the worst QB's in the league.

Then they brag about beating a 4-12 team who only added a 38 year old QB since last season. All it takes is one bad season and you won't hear from them for another 20 years. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a "life long Sox fan" who started paying attention after 2004.

Funny thing is, I'm not a bitter Jets fan. Did I want them to win? Sure. Did I think they'd win? No. They're a terrible team. Not even my home team, but if I'm going to root for a team from the AFC then go Jets. I live in an NFC city.

And like a true boston "fan", signed it "anonymous."

Anonymous said...

Do any of you guys watch wrestling?

... 'cause I really enjoy wrestling fanfics and playing runescape too :D