Thursday, September 25, 2008

No One on the Corner Has Swagger Like Us

Apologies for my absence! It’s been a hectic week or so with real life, work and whatever. I’m setting records for car mileage with clients being so spread out. I find that when I get to levels like 1540-60, 1640-60, 1740-60, I seem to hit a bit of a wall. Last night I got my first level since Sunday, 58 Construction. Tears on Monday got me right up to it and last night a genie lamp pushed me over the top. That leaves me with just 2 levels in the 50s; RC & Con both 58.

I’ve felt a little overwhelmed in RS lately. Playing less means I feel the need to do more when I’m on, to make the most of it. However, to do what I want to do, I feel there’s so many things that I need to do. For about 2 weeks or so I’ve logged on, made a battlestaff run, mined a star or two and tried to work on a few things. I haven’t really concentrated on making money because that hasn’t ever been a main goal of mine. I have been hoarding my staves for taking part in clan Crafting month for October and its strangling me a little. I’m realizing that you do need at least a set base of cash to do the things you’re used to. Buying 64 battlestaves costs 448k gp per day. Trying to come up with that 448k on a daily basis is what has me being indecisive. I’ve always fished for my money, and as much as I love seeing myself move up the ranks with the extra xp, I feel like I could be doing something else. Say it takes 3 hours to fish 500 sharks, then since I want the cooking xp another 30 mins to cook them. That’s 3.5 hours to get the cash necessary to make that stave run, throw in a couple of stars and that time adds up. I’ve also been ranging Black Dragons, with this I can sell the hides, I get Ranging and HP xp as well as the Prayer xp I will get from the bones. Just selling the hides isn’t really efficient, but you have the possibility of a few good drops as well. Weird thing is, as much as I would love a visage drop, there’d be no way I could bring myself to sell it, I’d love a DFS. I’d have to wait for the second one. So it comes to it, I get home, look at the clock, it taunts me stating “Pop Quiz hotshot. You have 2 hours to make 448k, what do you do?”

Add that with bank issues, and game time has been a bit of a headache. I know I could break down and just alch the staves after I make them, however I feel like I actually enjoy challenging myself in that way. Maybe I’m subconsciously masochistic… Ah well, it’s only 6 more days.

A friend got her Quest Cape this weekend and had been planning a party for a couple weeks now. We went with her to Draynor to talk to the Wise Old man, and then she had planned about a 7 wave drop party in Fally with various items each time leading up to a big finale. It was a lot of fun. The items never got up over 750k so we had the place to ourselves mostly. I walked away with a Bob t-shirt, some gold ore and some other various items. I was more into the hanging out than anything. It was fun to actually go there, be able to pop balloons and get something instead of immediately lagging out as soon as its within sight. This gave me a great idea though, an easy way to free up bankspace. Certain things I was holding on to only because they never sell. When I do farming runs I stick to allotments and tree patches mostly. What would I ever do with 60 Asgarnian Hops seeds? I left them in the GE for seemingly a month and no one bought one. I was mainly hoarding a good number of seeds that I can easily get from pickpocketing the Master Farmer should I ever need again. So there I went, off to Fally to have my own little drop party. 35 spaces of inventory I freed up, coming to a grand total of… 55k. Yes I did run to the bank just to see the total. I pulled the lever, the place was empty. I waited to see if anyone would come running in and there it was. The balloons fell, the Party Room’s floor was covered in balloons when in strolled a curious level 56. There he stayed, single handedly popping balloon after balloon, one by one, all by himself. I’m not sure what he was expecting, maybe it will help him out somehow. I couldn’t figure out the screenshot thing (I’m telling you, I’m bad at technology), but it was definitely a sight to be seen. After about 10 mins a couple others came in, leaving it with about 5 people by the end.

Obligatory final paragraph sports wrap up: 3 games left and a game and a half ahead of the Mets in the division, go Phils! So many playoff possibilities, if the Mets win the wildcard, we play the Dodgers (who are terrible). If the Brewers win the wildcard, we play them (also terrible). If everything works out, you’re looking at a Cubs vs Phils NLCS, in which the media, espn, etc will fail to acknowledge Philadelphia’s presence by solely talking about the Cubs 100 year draught. If MLB gets their way it’ll be Red Sox vs Cubs, lets try to make that not happen. Pats fans are quiet after getting embarrassed by the absolute worst team in the NFL. See what happens when you take a game off of cheating? Eagles prove once again, they are kings of the Keystone state. Put the game on and crack open a beer everyone! It’s pennant race time!

No comments: